I think most of you have probably already figured out that I'm no gourmet chef! I like cooking and baking but I like it simple without fancy and expensive ingredients.
So I love this easy bacon and egg pie.
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry thawed
4 bacon rashers
8 eggs or more (depends on the depth of your pie dish)
salt and pepper to season
1/2 onion optional
- Grease your pie dish (mine is a super cheap Kmart one).
- Line the pie dish with 1 sheet of pastry.
- Chop bacon and onion and fry until onion is soft and bacon slightly cooked
- Line bottom of pie with bacon and onion
- Whisk 4 eggs add some salt and pepper and pour over bacon.
- Crack remaining eggs into pie dish leaving yolk whole.
- If your pie dish is deep you may want to add more whisked eggs or whole eggs.
- Top pie with second pastry sheet, trim and crimp edges with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg and bake in moderate oven for 25 - 30 mins
Variations: add parsley or garlic chives.
Yummy fresh or cold for breakfast the next morning.
Great to take on a picnic too.